Psychological support services
A safe and professional psychological service for those who want support regarding psychedelics, plant medicines, and their emotional health and wellbeing.
Our goal is to ensure that the Australian community has access to highly qualified and ethical allied health professionals so they can make safe and informed choices about their mental health in regard to psychedelics and plant medicines.
What we offer?
- Individual counselling
- Via Skype or phone
- Group Integration
- Professional Consultation
If you require support to access a psychedelic aware GP for a telehealth consultation and a mental health care plan contact email@example.com for referral details.
Group integration group (10 people) 1.5 hours $35.
A space for people who would like to connect with the community, share and learn how to integrate their psychedelic medicine experiences.
Peer supervision (10 people) 1.5 hours $35.
Professional supervision for allied health professionals and psychotherapists who are working in the field of psychedelic medicines.
Zoom study groups (10 people) 1.5 hours $35.
A space for students across multidisciplinary fields who have an interest in psychedelic medicines. The study group reviews scientific articles, theories, frameworks and resources via our psychedelic journal club and provide a space to unpack lived experiences and professional practice.
A referral from your GP is required. We are building a network of psychedelic and plant medicine aware GPs. If you require support obtaining a GP provider who you can work with please make contact with us for a potential referral.
Who is eligible?
Adults 18 years and over who plan on utilising psychedelics or plant medicines for growth or resolving personal issues (e.g. depression, anxiety, trauma, grief and loss, existential and spiritual issues) who would like the opportunity to consult with a professional person first
Anyone who has used psychedelics or plant medicine and would like the opportunity for integration of their experiences in an individual or group setting.
Themes that may be explored
- Harm minimisation, safety, and self-care
- Risk assessment regarding your mental health and psychedelics
- A safe place to share experiences without the fear of interpretation or diagnostic labels
- Practical advice on how to balance mystical and transformative experiences with living everyday life and being able to seek value and joy in the ordinary
- A safe place to explore spiritual crisis
- Professional risk assessment skills to help with navigating suicidal thoughts, painful, frightening or other challenging aspects of mind
- Support to process fear of death and existential anxiety
- Supportive space to unpack conditioning, cultural beliefs, norms and values
- Specialist Integration Knowledge
- Harm Minimisation
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing
- Jungian Therapy
- Integrative Therapy
- Better Access to Mental Health Care Plan via GP
- Private Health Insurance
- Private payment (with a referral from GP)
Mind Medicine Australia does not encourage or facilitate illegal use of psychedelics or plant medicines. The MMA team of psychologists and allied health professionals provide psychedelic-aware psychological services to help support the mental health and wellbeing of Australians.
Our MMA clinical team has specialised knowledge and training in psychedelics such as Mescaline, LSD, Psilocybin, Iboga, DMT and MDMA. If you require psychological support for alcohol, opioids or amphetamines please speak to your GP.
Contact a member of the MMA clinical team to discuss your individual needs.
Medicare rebates and bulk billing for concession card holders may be available.
ContactGet in touch. If you have any questions, please complete the form below and we will call you back.
Eligibility Requirements and other FAQs – READ THIS
In an emergency
MMA is not a crisis mental health service. If you require immediate mental health support, please call 000 or your local mental health crisis assessment team.
Please call Lifeline 13 11 14
Please call SuicideLine Victoria 1300 651 251
Allied health professionals would you like to work with our team?
Please contact MMA psychological services Practice Manager Dr Alana Roy PhD (Psych & MHSW) at: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how you may be able to become involved in MMA psychological team.